Tuesday, November 27, 2012

We're Back!

It has been a while since I posted...oops.  Isaac and I have been busy, busy, busy!!!  My parents came to town, then the little guy got sick, then we went out of town to show my Baker Bride some mock-ups, then I got sick, then we went to Oma's for Thanksgiving.  Wow!!  Well, I have a few posts coming. First up, our Halloween brownies!

I found the brownie recipe online at All Recipes.  They call it Brownie III....I'm just calling them Brownies.  I searched for the recipe because I didn't want a box brownie and wanted one that used cocoa powder rather than baking chocolate.

So...Ingredients: 4 eggs,

This is what the mixture will look like. 
It looked very different from what I expected. 
It didn't stick to the edge of the bowl and is fairly thick.
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
  2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and vegetable oil together until well blended. Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt; stir into the egg mixture.
  3. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
  4. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean.


Isaac decided to help me out and had is very own mixing spoon.
After the brownies were done, I used Peanut Butter Frosting on them.  I got the recipe from Fun Stuff Cupcakes...a cupcake recipe book I got a few years ago.

Ingredients: 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (I've made it with crunchy before and it works just fine), 1/2 cup butter (softened), 2 cups powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1/4 cup milk

Directions:
  1. Beat peanut butter and butter in medium bowl about 2 minutes or until creamy.  It is best to use an electric mixer...I use my Kitchen Aide.
  2. Add sugar and vanilla, beat on low until crumbly.  Be careful, powdered sugar can be messier than flour if you start mixing too quickly, too soon.
  3. Slowly add the milk, beat slowly until creamy.  If you have extra milk, or need a little more to make sure it is creamy then don't worry.
I added orange sprinkles...sadly they are hard to see.  I also added some chocolate chips and peanut butter chips that I had left over.  We ate these while we handed out Halloween candy.


The finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment