Thursday, August 7, 2014

BIG NEWS

Okay, so I have been horrible about keeping up but in July I did a wedding at the Historic Post Office here in Havre.  I've posted about it, but haven't finished the blog about it yet.  Well after that wedding, I decided to speak with the owner about hiring  For You, By Me Events to be the events manager.  Both owners (husband and wife) have full time jobs, so it was a little stressful for them to be needed for the event and needing to be at work.
Well, today we officially signed the contract!!! I'll be working on developing their marketing and helping them get all the paperwork in order that they may be missing.  Neither has worked events or owned an event space before, so I get to help set it up!! (Insert excited noises and fireworks!!) They have had a few events already, which helped them see different areas that needed to be worked on and since I was hired by the bride at their first wedding, I was able to get a little of the client insight.  I will also be taking over the scheduling of events and making sure the client has a pleasant experience.  They already have a few weddings booked!!! This doesn't mean I'll stop with event planning but it means I have a space to use but can be hired for office site events, and I'll have more of an office space to go to!! The great thing is that I can still work from home a lot so that I don't miss out on watching all the milestones with the kids.  There are still things that I need to set up and things that need to get done, but I just had to share since we officially signed the contract today!!!

For those of you not in Havre, here are the few pictures I have from the wedding to give you an idea of the space.  The decorations were the bride and groom's for the most part but it at least gives an idea of the space.  Right now, the refer to the larger space at the mail sorting room because that is what is was.  I'm not sure I like that name because I think it can be confusing for new clients.  The front space where this bride and groom held their ceremony will remain the "foyer" but any ideas on what to call/name the backroom would be welcomed. :)  Hopefully after I get some paperwork done and a few things set up, I'll be able to post more and post some better photos.  So excited!! Now off to pick up kiddos!
Foyer

End of foyer...arbor was brides.

mail sorting room



No comments:

Post a Comment