Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Updated Chair and a Little Bit Extra

This chair is one that my grandparents had at their house for all of us grandchildren. Grandpa would redo it when it needed to be repainted and it got A LOT of use. There are 7 of us that it survived through, and when grandpa moved it got passed onto me for Isaac.
 
 
As you can see, it wasn't in horrible condition.  I just needed a new coat of paint and a few stickers removed.
 
 
I gave it a new coat of paint and chose a lighter yellow.  Why yes it was left over paint...from Isaac's bedroom to be exact.  I added a little pizazz but using paint pens we have to mark his growth chart and just did some random swirls and stars.
 
 
Of course I had to add his name to it!  When we have more little ones (sometime in the not-so-near future) his name will get painted over so they have to share, or if he has grown out of it a new name will be written in.
 
Now for a little bit of extra news.  Isaac is growing like crazy and I have my first big trip without him coming up.  It is sure to be fun, but I will miss him like crazy!!  I leave in 2 weeks for 10 days in Hawaii.  Isaac will get to spend some time at daycare, which he loves cause there are other kids there to watch, and lots of time with dad.  They'll get to go visit Oma and Great Grandma.  On the way they even get to stop and watch relative in a football game.  He will be kept busy without me, as I'm sure I'll be kept busy without him. 
 
What does that mean for the business? Not too much.  I will be able to periodically check my email while I'm gone and Eli can let me know if there are any calls I need to return before I get back.  It only cuts into a few of the discount days of October, which is good for customers.  Hopefully most of the appointments get booked before I leave so that I can do that prep work before I leave and be ahead of the game when I get back, but if not it will be fine.  I can't wait to spend time with friends and it will be nice to have some me time.  Give me a shout out if there is something I just have to do while in Hawaii!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment