Friday, May 17, 2013

Towel Gift: Great for Graduations or Weddings

The last few weeks have gone flying by and I'm in for some busy weeks ahead.  I was trying to decide what I should write about when I realized that one of my options I forgot to take a few of the photos I needed before giving the gift.  Oops.

I've decided that I'll give the details and a description of what I did, but you'll sadly be missing out on a few photos. 

I started by folding the fabric over and ironing it.  Having it ironed, created a seam that was easier to pin on and sew down. 








Then I pinned it down.  I started with the top and bottom, leaving the ends open.  I decided that it would be easier this way.  I left some room at the end of the  top and bottom to have room to turn the ends in.  I added fabric to both end of the towels.
 
Like I had mentioned, I forgot to take photos of the finished products.  I chose 2 fabrics and two hand towels.  The other hand towels were red with white lines (opposite of what is shown) and the fabric that I chose to attach to those is pictured above and is the from Eric Carle's book "The Grouchy Ladybug."  In case you didn't pick up on it, my sister-in-law likes ladybugs. :)
This is a great idea if you're looking for a kitchen related gift and just can't find what you need.
 
I thought of combining this with a post about Isaac's big boy bed, but decided that it would be a post that would be just too long.  In the upcoming weeks I have a big date night (yay!), 2 bridal showers, a family weekend, a family reunion, a high school graduation, and a wedding.  There were a few other events but sadly my schedule wouldn't allow them...sad.  Hopefully I'll be able to post about some of the events...or I'll be posting a lot once I get some down time.


No comments:

Post a Comment